Sunday, July 26, 2009

Changing Times

I feel as though I've blinked and time has passed. I was saying to my mom yesterday that I cannot even remember when all of this happened. The last year and a half has passed in a blur and it's hard to remember when certain milestones occurred. It's hard to believe that this time last year we were enjoying the Philippines as a family. Dad was walking and talking and sharing many of his experiences from growing up. In March, the doctors estimated that he had 3-6 months left. We passed the 3 month mark on July 8th. Now we cherish the present and wait.

We've continued to see many changes even between days only. He has become extremely fatigued and weak making the little aspects of daily life even more difficult such as swallowing and interacting. He still uses the letter board very minimally and now relies heavily on leg motions to communicate needs.

Life is just hard sometimes. Thank you for your continued prayers and keep them up! They do make a difference and are being felt especially now. The storms continue to approach and threaten but we are so thankful for the firm foundation in Christ that we are standing on.

4 comments:

Chantelle said...

I'm still praying!!

Chantelle said...

I hope you don't mind, I prayed for your dad on my blog today... :)

Jesse's Girl said...

I don't mind at all. Thanks for your prayers!

Ellen said...

Your faith and strength in the Lord encourages me! I needed to read these blogs today...